Books are our gateway to the world. At Hedgerow, after 92 years of theatre we’ve amassed a lot of books, from original manuscripts from Eugene O’Neill to Executive Director Penelope Reed’s collection on leadership.
As we continue to work on our new adaptation of Agatha Christie’s The Mysterious Affair at Styles and we bring Or, back to the stage tonight, we bring you some of our favorite books. Today, we peer into company member Allison Bloechl’s Top Ten books that shaped her world.
1. “Slaughterhouse-Five” by Kurt Vonnegut
2. “Cat’s Cradle” by Kurt Vonnegut
3. “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” by Douglas Adams
5. “The Things They Carried” by Tim O’Brien
6. “Into the Wild” by Jon Krakauer
7. “I am the Messenger” by Markus Zusak
8. “Water for Elephants” by Sara Gruen
9. “The Last Dog on Earth” by Daniel Ehrenhaft
10. “Gone Girl” by Gillian Flynn